// Festival Info
Here's where you'll find all you need to know
about coming to Raggamuffin 2013...
// Event Times
Friday 1 Feb
Gates open 5pm / Concert ends 11pm
Saturday 2 Feb
Gates open 10am to Village Field
Gates open 11am to Main Field and VIP Lounges
Concert ends 11pm
NB: Stage times will be posted closer to event
// Conditions of Entry
The Rotorua District Council advises the following conditions under which patrons are admitted to the Rotorua International Stadium
- NO ALCOHOL or illegal substances to be taken into the stadium
- No CHILLY BINS, CANS, GLASS BOTTLES, VIDEO CAMERAS, GLASS OBJECTS incl PERFUME BOTTLES, OFFENSIVE WEAPONS, UMBRELLAS and GAZEBOS or other devices that in the opinion of Stadium Management have the potential to create injury or public nuisance will be permitted into the Stadium
- NO GANG PATCHES or clothing representing gang affiliations permitted
- Camera with a lens of more then 200mm or more are NOT permitted
- No person under 3 permitted
- Persons causing disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from Stadium Management or Event Personnel may be evicted without refund from the Stadium
- Smoking on the premises is ONLY permitted in DESIGNATED areas and NOT WITHIN SEATING AREAS OR GRANDSTAND
- Stadium Management or Event Personnel have the right to search Bags or other items that might conceal should patrons wish to bring them into the Stadium
- Food & Drink - Small quantities of unopened/sealed drinks and non-commercial food such as sandwiches and fruit will be allowed into the stadium for SATURDAY ONLY. NO COMMERCIAL FOOD or OPEN DRINKS will be permitted.
- FRIDAY NIGHT - no food or drink will be allowed.
“Your co-operation in adhering to these conditions is appreciated”
// Top 3 Survival Tips!
1. Wear a hat and heaps of sunscreen
2. Pace yourself and drink plenty of water
3. Look out for your mates
// Official Merchandise
Official Ragga merchandise will be available at the festival. We have a great range of tees, hoodies, singlets, caps and glow sticks. The two Ragga Gear tents are also the only place to buy Official Band merchandise.
// Info Booth / Lost & Found / Lost Children
The Info Booth is located at the back of the Main Field. Please see staff here for festival info, lost and found items or missing/lost children.
Lost and Found > looking for lost property after the event?
- SUNDAY 9am – 12pm - Check in at GATE 2 / Devon St ticketing box at Rotorua International Stadium
- MONDAY – 9am – 5pm Rotorua Convention Centre, Fenton Street
- TUESDAY - 9am – 5pm Rotorua Convention Centre, Fenton Street
- WEDNESDAY – All unclaimed items will be taken to the Rotorua Police
// First Aid
If you require medical assistance there are several First Aid stations located at the festival.
Our staff and security are there to ensure you have a safe festival. If you need help just ask!
// AWOP - On site currency
The main currency at Ragga is AWOP – Another Way of Paying.
This year we will have the AWOP card integrated into your festival wristband. It will also have your ticket info on it if you have purchased via our website….it’s very clever!
Using your AWOP card at Raggamuffin:
Top up your card using cash, eftpos or credit card at any AWOP kiosk on site. If you have money left on it at the end of the day, get a refund at any kiosk at the fest, at the Stadium Gate 2 Box Office on Sunday 3 February from 9am – 12pm or post it back to AWOP. Details at www.awop.co.nz
NB: No refunds can be done at Rotorua Convention Centre
// A Greener Festival
It may look as if the rubbish is all going in the same bins at the end of the fest, but did you realize we have a team of people who sort this and recycle where possible. We make every effort to minimise our impact on the environment so ensure you do bit for our beautiful surroundings and use the right bins! Stations will be set up around the venue – please use them!
// About the Venue
The Rotorua International Stadium has been Raggamuffin’s home for 6 years! With prime viewing from every angle you will be able to enjoy grooving to the smooth reggae sounds from the natural surroundings of its rolling hills or enjoy the VIP lounges in our corporate facilities.
For further information about the venue - www.eventsandvenues.co.nz
// Getting there
- From TAUPO – 45min – 1 hour drive
- From AUCKLAND – 2.5 – 3 hours drive
- From GISBORNE – 3 – 3.5 hours drive
- From WELLINGTON – 5.5 – 6 hours drive
To the venue
- From ACCOMODATION CENTRAL (Fenton Street) - 5-10 Mintues (CATCH the RAGGABUS!)
- From CITY CENTRE – 5-10 minutes (CATCH the RAGGABUS!)
- From NORTH (Auckland/Hamilton) – Keep straight on the main highway, turn right into Malfroy Road then left into Thebes Street head to the end and you have found us!
- From SOUTH (Taupo) – End of the state highway as you approach ROTORUA you will see the Waiariki Institute Campus turn slightly left and head straight down OLD TAUPO ROAD until you get to ROUND ABOUT turn LEFT down DEVON STREET and follow it straight
- From EAST (Whakatane/Tauranga) - End of the state highway turn LEFT into TE NGAE ROAD keep travelling this road until you see on your LEFT handside MARGUERITA STREET turn down here to the end of the street turn LEFT into DEVON STREET then first RIGHT into FENTON STREET keep heading straight
Rideshare to Raggamuffin to get cheaper, more-fun travel in
the company of other fans. It's the best way to get to the festival!
Just click "Share a ride" to list your trip and find passengers now.
Ragga-Bus – Friday 1 February
There is no shuttle/bus service running on the Friday night.
There are taxi services available details as follows
Rotorua Taxi 07 348 1111 OR Dial A Driver for those that need to transport a vehicle 021 102 0495
Ragga-Bus – Saturday 2 February
They will start operating from 10am – 4pm and will recommence at 10pm. Shuttle stops from Rotorua Convention Centre & are located along Fenton Street where they will drop off at Westbrook Shopping Centre (see map)
Cost is $2.00 per person to the venue but there is no charge leaving the venue. For usual city bus routes please visit www.baybus.co.nz
• view the Ragga-Bus map online...
• download the Ragga-Bus map... (PDF format - 1.4Mb)
Westbrook Rugby Fields, Rayboard Park will be the public parking at a cost of $10.00. The best way there is via THEBES STREET off MALFROY ROAD. Please have your CASH ready to avoid delays. Please note parking is $10.00 per day per vehicle. No vehicles permitted to stay in parking area.
• view map...
Where is the Drop Off Zone?
All drop offs are to be made at the Westbrook Shopping centre this includes pick up post event.
// Liquor Ban
There will be a liquor ban in place from 4pm Thursday 31st January 2013 – 4pm Sunday 3rd February 2013 in the external parking areas and surrounding neighbourhoods. Alcohol will be available for sale in the venue.
// Road Closure
Please note there is a road closure just past Hunt Cres through to the Pukehangi/Devon Street intersection on the Saturday of the event from 8am – 11.30pm
NOTE – Avoid using Lake Road due to upgrade. Using this road may cause delays.
Destination Rotorua can point you in the right direction for motel and ticket packages, so we have a range of budgets catered for this year! - www.rotoruanz.com
// About Rotorua
ROTOVEGAS! - City of Spirit & Adventure MANAKITANGA
Nestled on the edge of sparkling Lake Rotorua, filled with action and adventure activities, stunning scenic beauty and rich culture, Rotorua makes the perfect destination for your weekend away to enjoy the sounds of our REGGAE NATION! • find out more...